Procedures for OFH Removal & Refrigeration (OFH-In Town/Within the State):
1) A representative from the receiving funeral home will call with the first call. Take the first call and get as much information as possible (sometimes the receiver does not have any information because they have not met with the family yet). Call the place of death (hospital, nursing home, hospice-inpatient facility, medical examiner, etc.) to verify decedent is ready for release and gather more vitals for the first call. Create an SRS case and enter vitals and info in the file. Print the First Call Sheet.
2) Get receiving funeral home’s information and fill out an OFH Transit Form (S: drive, Donations and OFH, Other Funeral Homes, Carnes OFH Transit Form Interactive) Print out the OFH Transit Form. This form is taped to the left side of the purple folder inside. Make a label for the folder. (Ex: OFH16-123456 Last Name, First Name)
3) Create a pick up notice and email over, along with the First Call Sheet to Dispatch (firstname.lastname@example.org) and ask the driver to get face sheet if from hospice or hospital (sometimes this will have more info than the OFH has like SSN, home address, NOK info, doc info, time of death information, etc.)
4) The receiving funeral home will let you know when they are picking up from our facility.
5) Invoice the receiving funeral home. You can ask them if they want to pay by credit card or by check. If paying by credit card, we can email or fax our Credit Card Authorization Form to them or they can give us the credit card information over the phone. Charge as soon as possible and enter payment in SRS.
Trade Service Removal & Refrigeration: $175 (includes removal and refrigeration)